Vintage. Heaven.
I have never seen vintage done quite as well as I did in Japan.
Warehouse, upon warehouse of rails upon rails of: specifically light wash levi denim shirts, exclusively cream knit jumpers, a rack of every coloured dressing gown you could imagine (colour coordinated), Varsity jackets; none of which remotely Japanese (University of Utah class of 1994?).
They had it all.
Best of all? The prices.
Buying and selling in bulk has its perks: everything was dirt cheap.
I bought a pristine vintage Levi's denim jacket for my boyfriend for less than £8.
I bought 3 Levi's denim shirts (including one limited edition Micky Mouse one) for less than £20
I bought the most badass recycled Hard Rock Cafe, San Diego Bomber from the 70's for £15.
Never miss an opportunity like this. I don't regret coming home with a suitcase full.
These are some looks I had in mind before I went shopping. Street style chic. A bit Kylie Jenner.
(Please excuse the overwhelming aura of professionalism emanating from my Fashion Illustration)
These beautifully stylised photographs were shot and edited by my incredibly talented friend, Farah.
The inspiration was 90's retro.
Bomber
"Save the Planet, Hard Rock Cafe, San Diego" -My Recycled from Plastic Bomber
Ugly chic inner print? Check.
Modelled beautifully by my dearest friend Annie
My high school bully look. Backwards cap optional.
The lighting in some of these....
Flannel Shirt Dress
It's just so comfy and cute. Perfect for long haul international flights! (Tested and Approved)
Fall colours.
Boyfriend Jeans
Chameleon silhouette: every stance they change shape because of the slack. That is amazing.
Boyfriend jeans epitomise effortless chic.
They are a challenge to wear because they aren't slam dunk form fitting...
But when you get them right... although torn up and baggy...
They can look as stylish as a floor length dress.
Basketball Kit and Leather Skirt
I know I am the furthest thing from Lebron James...
Do you remember the basketballs from the 70's? Who wore converse and short shorts?
Vintage and modern basketball chic.
Netted basketball shirts are downright sport casual... but see-through... so kind of sexy.
Denim Shirt and Leather Skirt
Zip up the skirt zipper to give you a whole different silhouette!
Rose Gold / Birkenstocks... like it or not. are in fashion.
Spot the Micky Mouse Cameo
XXL Levis Shirt As Dress
Roll up sleeves for Bulky Shoulders and Biceps for a wedge 70's feel.
Cute and clever.
Versatility.
Denim blue is such a great colour on so many different skin colours.
Contrast.
I hope these ideas inspire you a little!
Vintage is perfect place for getting creative with your wardrobe.
If you re going for a street style kind of look: vintage is your first stop shop.
You aren't going to find looks to suit a clean cut sleek look.
Vintage is well loved, worn-in, and can be cut, dyed, sewn, with regret.
There is so much that can be done; I urge you to give it a try! Who knows what you will find.
(Special thanks to Annie and Farah for loyally and cheerfully helping me out with this post.)



















































No comments:
Post a Comment